Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Bruises and Heavy Hearts, Revisited.




My heart is heavy. My hometown is heartbroken. My little brother is heartbroken. And there's nothing I can do about it. I hate being so far away from my brother needs a shoulder. I hate being so far away and missing him growing up.

I was framing pictures from Carly when I got word of Kainen's life support being pulled. His situation was so similar to F's, and it hurts my heart so much. I immediately emailed Carly to do a sunset butterfly for Kainen. I emailed it to his brother today. I know it can't fix the pain, but it's all I can do from 3000 miles away.

(In the video, they mentioned something about 300+ students visiting. There are only 500 in the school, so that's a much bigger deal than it sounds. There's less than 2,000 people in the town and only about 12,000 in the whole county. )


On a happier note, I met and had smoothies with Ayla yesterday morning. She's a great blogger friend who, as it turns out, lives in the same town. And by the same town, I mean the same tiny town on this tiny island. How fun is that?! It was so awesome to spend time with such a wonderful person. And she brought me some stuff to make my bruises better. It's only been a day, but they do seem a little lighter. I hope that means it's working!

 

That last one was taken with better lighting, so you can see the yuckiness a little better. That's just my left arm. It's the worst one, and I keep hitting it on everything. I think I should invest in one of those bubbles.....

1 comments:

Unknown said...

geez girl, a bubble indeed. i didn't see your bruises when we were hanging out-- it's just shocking how beat up you are!!!

i told my herbalist teacher about you and she told me that you are an important lesson in my herbal career. i need to be sure that i take advantage of EVERY herb that we learn about, because i never know when someone might benefit from natural medicine. even if it's not me, at least i can be helpful to others IF i apply myself.

so thank you, for helping to teach me a lesson :D

Post a Comment