Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The C word.

I had a follow up appointment with the OB today. He's been trying to find why I keep losing my babies. I don't have a problem making them, just carrying them full term. He thought it was a structure problem, but last week's tests ruled that out. Genetic problems were also ruled out.

Today he realized that a lot of hormonal bloodwork was either missing from my record or never done at all. He said it looks like hormones are the most likely culprit, since it was well into the 2nd semester, and everything else tests good. Bloodwork was ordered. Results next week.

Doc also wants to do biopsies of cancer cells found on my cervix. He doesn't think that would have been a factor in losing the baby last month, but it definitely still has to be checked out and treated.


I'm terrified.


I'm not ready to throw something else into this nightmare.

0 comments:

Post a Comment