Saturday, April 28, 2012

Weekend.

**Just a warning, there's a picture in this one too.**

Early in the afternoon I started a peach cobbler. I made some sweet tea. I turned on some good music. Then I started cleaning.

There's a lot that I've been needing to do around here. Like sorting through clothes that I don't want to put away. Or putting Bryan's school books onto a book shelf instead of the stack in front of the shelf. Bryan's mom, grandma, and little sister are coming to visit in a little over a week, so it seemed like the perfect motivation to get some of this stuff done.

I've been breaking it into small tasks so that I don't overwhelm myself. (Last time I strained my back so bad I couldn't get out of bed the next day. Not good.) In reality, I probably haven't actually accomplished much at all. But at least it feels like I have, and that's all that matters, right?


When my cobbler was done, I decided it was time for a good break. I grabbed a big bowl of cobbler and a glass of tea, and I sat down here to play on the interweb for a while. The neighbor is mowing. The dog is watching the big ships moving through the harbor. Everything is just so...peaceful. More than it has been in a long time.

I wanted to take a few minutes to thank yall for your comments, prayers, thoughts, and encouragement over the last several months. It really means so much.


We had our anatomy scan yesterday. I was super nervous...and extremely uncomfortable from all the water I had to drink beforehand. At one point, the radiologist was doing something that put the doppler colors on the screen. I'm not sure what it was for, but I remembered that last year when I saw something like that, the radiologist at the ER was showing me that my uterus was filled with blood, just two days before everything went so wrong with Brake. I almost lost it seeing all that again. But it turns out that everything is fine. Our little guy is measuring 5 days ahead and weighs just over a pound.


Here's a shot of his profile. We tried to get a good look at his face, but all we could get was his mouth and nose. If he talks as much as he moves his mouth in there, he's definitely taking after his momma. :-)


I just turned my head to look at something across the room and noticed that Brake's urn is sitting right next to me. I didn't see it earlier, but I guess I moved it when I was cleaning. And for the first time in a while, it made me smile.


Yall have a wonderful weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment