Thursday, February 9, 2012

Maybe Next Time.

My landlord's husband died. His service is tomorrow afternoon, and I thought we should attend to pay our respects, even though we've only known him a short time.

My belly is already bulging. A lot. So I only have a pair of jeans and some sweats/pjs that still fit like they should. Nothing that would be suitable for a funeral service.

I felt horrible all day and everything kept going wrong. So I decided to just go back to bed. But then I talked myself out of it, and I decided to make a quick trip to get some suitable dress pants. I hate shopping, especially when I'm already not feeling very well, but I figured it couldn't hurt to go ahead and get it out of the way.

Just a quick trip in and out, right? That can't hurt anything.


Until I walked into Kohl's with wet boots and turned too fast on the shiny tile floor....and had the hardest, noisiest, crashing fall in the front of the store. In front of about 10 people.


I'm ok. I banged up my knee pretty bad. And I'm pretty sure my blood pressure sky rocketed for about an hour. (Oh, and I didn't even find the dress pants I was looking for.)


I think staying home and going back to bed would have been the better option. Maybe next time I'll listen to myself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment