Sunday, October 9, 2011

Feeling Better.

After that crazy breakdown earlier this week, I tried to find more productive ways of venting this restless energy. So Friday morning when I got home from work, I started cleaning the house. And I kept cleaning until every inch of this place had been touched. It was tiresome, but awesome. And then, in keeping with my "slowing down" plan, I spent Saturday cooking pulled pork with homemade bbq sauce and painting. It was so good for my heart to sit there, watching the sun go down, with a paint brush and a huge cup of hot cocoa. I need to do that more often.

I realized Saturday how much I wish I could have a normal, housewife kinda life. I want that consistency. I want that routine of coming home, tidying up, cooking dinner that we can both sit down and enjoy together. That is what family feels like. Not this crazy working all hours of the night and random days of the weekend stuff. I can't wait for Bryan to be finished with school and working full time again. Hopefully then I can be done with this craziness, and be back in TN on my farm where I belong, where life is slow and life is happy.

On a side note, I got some work done on Lilly's Dream tonight. I finally got some time to take a few pictures and work on the Care Packages page. I'm determined to slow myself down and only do this small pieces at a time, so I'll probably work on it some more in a few days. I want to keep the simplicity of the page, but I think it's a little too simple right now. If yall can think of any good ideas for sprucing it up some, please let me know. :-)

2 comments:

Crystal said...

I love our new design. Fran at Small Bird Studios did it. I'm such a picky person and had no clue what I wanted. She was so patient with me and all of my million changes!

Crystal said...

Duh, I just noticed she did this page... so you're obviously familiar with her work. ;-)

Post a Comment