Sunday, August 28, 2011

Helping.



Willow is a tiny little girl in Texas that needs a lot of prayers right now. From the Facebook page created for her:

Willow, the daughter of Dawn and Brandon Brandenburg. was born July 14, 2011. She was born with a cleft lip and palate. She will have her first surgery at 3 months old and will continue with surgeries until the age of 18. Medical expenses will be very expensive and while she has insurance, it does not cover everything. She has been denied Medicaid, CHIPS and SSI. I will be doing fundraisers to help raise money for her.

You can find more about her condition in this article by the Lufkin Times.

My friend Nikki put together a benefit auction on her business page, Sammi Cole Couture by Nikki Zoshak. Several sponsors donated items for the auction. Most of it is frilly dresses and stuff for little girls, since that what her business is mostly about.

I wanted to help out, and since I can't make frilly little dresses, and I'm nowhere near Texas to be able to do much of anything else, I donated one of my photos.

I took this picture of the sunset in Colon, right outside the Panama Canal. We stopped for the night to wait for our harbor pilot to join us the next morning before beginning our journey through the canal. The ships you see to the right are just a few of hundreds that lined up for several miles, waiting for their harbor pilots and their turn to begin the transit.

This is one of my all time favorite shots from my travels. I had a 20x60 print made and framed to hang in our living room last year. It is a big favorite of our visitors. Our neighbor actually tried to get me to put it in her boyfriend's art show, but I had to work.

Anyway. I'm starting to ramble. Haha.

I offered it to Nikki's auction as an 8x24 panoramic gallery wrapped canvas. I believe the starting bid on it is $15. If any of you are interested, or if you're interested in any of the other listings, you can find the auction here.

Sorry for posting back to back. I just really want to help her help this little girl.

0 comments:

Post a Comment