Saturday, July 28, 2012

Birthday.

Yesterday was my birthday.

I told Bryan earlier in the week that I wanted to get my progesterone shot a day early so that I didn't have to spend my birthday at the clinic. Doc said small trips were okay, as long as I took it easy, so I was looking forward to a break from the house. I wanted a pedicure and a picnic at the beach.

We had breakfast, and Bryan said he needed to get some homework done. I'd been having contractions for 2 days, so I was content with laying down and waiting. I got bored. And then restless. So I put a load of laundry in the washer and I cleaned both bathrooms. (That wasn't the best idea. My back still hurts.)

He was still doing homework and completely oblivious to anything else going on in the house. I was getting frustrated and I was in a lot of pain. I could feel the tears coming. So instead of just saying something to him, I went back to bed. Then I got pissed that I was in bed on my birthday. Being pissed off made the back pain and contractions hurt even worse.

When I finally woke up a few hours later, I was still mad, but I wasn't hurting as bad. It was too late to get a pedicure. I wasn't even in the mood for a picnic anymore. I just laid there, wondering why it was so hard to just get a small break from the house, just an hour or two.

Just about the time I was about to break down in tears again, I felt the little guy start to move. When he wakes up, he usually kicks really hard and then stretches out as far as my belly with let him. But this time, when I felt him, it was just a soft nudge. And then another and another. It felt like he was petting me, almost like he was trying to cheer me up. It was amazing. And it made me realize that I'm really gonna miss being pregnant, especially the quiet time I get with bed rest.


We're 34 weeks this week. I didn't think we would make it this far. I'm so ready to be done, but I'm not ready for this to be over.

0 comments:

Post a Comment