Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Sunrise.


Terry's funeral was Thursday of last week.

It still hasn't quite hit me that I won't see my friend again when I go home this fall.


I've been sleeping on the couch for the past few weeks. I don't sleep much, but when I do, it's easier to get comfortable there than in my bed. (I thought it ironic that I threw such a huge fit for that new bed set, only to stop sleeping in the bed a few days later.) 

Early this morning, I was in and out of a dream where I was talking to Andy and Terry again. I don't remember where we were or even what we talked about. As I started waking up, I knew I'd been talking to them. Even though it was a dream, I could feel them...like they had just been in the room.

As I opened my eyes, I could see that the sun was starting to rise. Just enough to throw some pretty colors above the mountains while everything else was still dark. And my eyes were immediately drawn to a bright spot at the bottom right of the big tree in the yard. It looked like a giant smiley face, and the light shining through was glowing so much brighter than anything around it.

I've never seen that face until this morning. And I've never felt a presence that strong.

It was amazing.


0 comments:

Post a Comment